- 3 points for a win, 1 for a halved match and 0 for a loss
- All players will have until the end of each month to complete their ties
- Any matches not completed by the end of the month result in both players being awarded 0 points
- All players will have one tie per month starting from September with the exception of December where players will have December and January to complete that tie
- The course will be played as it is found, ie if winter greens are in play then the match will still stand
- Usual matchplay rules will apply
- By entering you are happy for your contact number and email address to be shared with each of your opponents
- Results must be submitted by the end of the month to email@example.com
18 Hole – Specific Rules
- Boys will play from the white tees (medal tees) or equivalent and girls from the red tees or ladies tees
- Full handicap allowance
- The stroke index will be take from the gents stroke index for both boys and girls to keep consistent rules with shots allocated on the appropriate holes
9 Hole – Specific Rules
- Players will half their exact handicap and round up or down from there
- Boys will play from the yellow tees (gents forward tees) or equivalent and girls will play from the red tees or equivalent ladies tees
- Stroke index will be taken from the gents stoke index for both boys and girls to keep consistent rules with shots allocated on the appropriate holes
- Strokes will be allocated on calculating a 9 hole index from what is on the scorecard, for most courses the stroke index is even on the front 9 meaning that stroke index 2 is the hardest hole, stroke index 4 will be the 2nd hardest hole and stroke index 18 will be the easiest hole on the front 9. This may not be consistent across all courses, but so long as both parties agree to the stroke index before teeing off
Flag – Specific Rules
- All players will play from 150 yards to the green in the middle of the fairway
- On par 3s with a distance of less than 150 yards, players will play from the red tees
- No strokes will be given
We will endeavour to fill each league with 4 local players, on some occasions this may not be possible and appropriate actions will be taken to remedy this, this may include travel to play further or refunds if that’s not possible.
The winner of each group will be awarded a space at the Champions of Champions event in Ireland in 2021, no substitute will be awarded, along with a medal. You (as a winner) are responsible for the entry fee, the expense of getting there and organising your accommodation.
The event runs 7th – 9th April at Powerscourt Golf Resort. Please note there will only be an 18 hole and 9 hole event at this, those who qualify from the flag categories will be expected to play in the 9 hole event.